We use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. We do this to improve browsing experience and to show personalized ads. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
Here you can adjust your preferences for the sharing of your user data with third parties.
Feed Analysis: Package NIR+ & X Elements
Comprehensive combination of NIR+ & X elements analysis
The NIR+ feed analysis works using Near-Infrared Reflection Spectroscopy (NIR). The X elements analysis evaluates minerals using X-ray fluorescence.
NIR+ Procedure for Feed Analysis:
- The sample is gently dried using a special method until a defined dry matter content is reached.
- The sample is crushed to the ideal analysis size using special equipment.
- The sample is analyzed using NIR analytics (reading the reflected light spectrum within a defined wavelength range).
- The reading produces a digital image from which the contents and properties of the silage are derived, and the analysis results are generated.
Parameters of Feed Analysis Package NIR+ & X Elements:
- Dry Matter Content
- Ammonium Nitrogen
- Rumen Degradable Protein
- Fiber (ADF, NDF)
- NDF Digestibility
- Starch Digestibility
- Crude Fat
- Fatty Acids
- Crude Ash
The following types of materials can be analyzed:
- Corn Silage
- Grass Silage
- GPS (Grass, Protein, Sugar)
- Alfalfa Silage
- Wet Corn/CCM (Corn Cob Mix)
- TMR (Total Mixed Ration)
To maintain the quality of your samples optimally, we recommend vacuum sealing the samples.
This way, the sample is best protected from aerobic influences during shipping, closely resembling the conditions in your silo.
A commercially available vacuum device is required for this purpose.
If you do not have such a device, please order the sample set with a pressure seal.
To preserve your sample for shipping, the air should be removed from the bag as much as possible before sealing it.